Do you want to be a part of an exciting tech startup? Does speaking with decision-makers across a wide variety of different industries interest you? Do you want to be on the front lines of a fast-paced, rapidly growing market? Are you entrepreneurial?
Talkative is a fast-growing tech startup providing cutting-edge communication technology to a global customer base. We help brands such as Formula 1, Renault and Bravissimo to connect their websites/apps with their contact centres to drive digital sales and service.
We’ve developed an innovative product. Now we need you to help accelerate our sales growth. Our company is backed by leading investors including Sir Terry Matthews.
What is the role?
You will be introducing the Talkative solution to digital marketing and contact centre teams within UK-based and international organisations. You will need to uncover and understand their issues and set up product demonstrations or discovery meetings. You will be supported by the founding team and marketing team, and have access to ongoing mentoring to supplement an initial in-depth 2 week training programme. You will be measured on the amount of opportunities you generate for Talkative. If you’re looking for an environment where you can develop your own skills and make a tangible impact, we’d love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Devising and executing creative strategies for outreaching to ideal customer profile (ICP) prospects to set up sales opportunities.
- Outreach via phone, email, video, letter and physical gifts.
- Research a small number of ICPs to allow personalised, effective outreach.
- Recording personalised demo videos of our product to send to ICPs.
- Articulating both the technical and commercial benefits of Talkative to organisations.
- Researching organisations’s online customer journeys to identify opportunities for the Talkative technology.
- Working closely with Talkative marketing and channel partner teams.
- Conveying market feedback on the solution to the engineering team.
- Working with the founding team to refine the sales process and potentially helping to hire new teammates.
- Learning how to demonstrate the solution to allow you to start handling other areas of the sales cycle.
- ICPs outreached, followed up - 40/month (multiple touch points per ICP)
- ICP demos/meetings scheduled - 8/month
- Resulting sales - 2/month
Ramp Up Period
- Month 1 - 0 demos/meetings
- Month 2 - 2 demos/meetings
- Month 3 - 4 demos/meetings
- Month 4 - 8 demos/meetings
What are we looking for?
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- An excellent attitude towards personal development.
- A personable character.
- Entrepreneurial and creative problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to hit targets.
- An interest in emerging tech and general tech-savviness.
- No prior sales or marketing experience required.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive payment package that rewards high performance with fast career progression. Option to become a senior product consultant (responsible for demonstrations, pre-sales and onboarding new customers), or to manage a team of business development execs.
- The chance to sell an innovative, disruptive technology with proven customers.
- Work with a supportive team and sales mentors to grow your own skills.
- Build relationships with a wide range of interesting clients and channel partners.
- Be an integral part of an ambitious, growing technology startup with impressive backers.
- Be part of a close-knit, social team culture where your ideas are valued.
- Free staff lunches at Celtic Manor Resort, heavily discounted access to Celtic Manor golf course, employee option pool
£23K base, £30K OTE, plus options scheme.
- Please email your CV to Felix Winstone outlining why you are applying.
- A 30 minute phone interview to understand your aspirations.
- A face-to-face interview with the founding team outlining the position.