Talkative is a tech startup providing cutting-edge communication technology to a global customer base. We help brands such as Formula 1, Renault and lululemon to connect their websites/apps with their contact centres to drive digital sales and service.
We’ve developed an innovative product, and we need your help to optimise our customer onboarding process as we continue to grow.
What will you be doing?
We are hiring for this position because we want to increase customer satisfaction while freeing up other members of the team to focus on their respective areas of sales and product development.
Our customers range in size from 5 user charities to 100s of users at global enterprises, and there is a degree of hand-holding required when onboarding new customers. While we seek to make our product as intuitive and easy-to-use as possible, most of our customers expect and require a project manager during deployment.
To date, we have managed customer onboarding through a combination of salespeople and product developers, with no formal process in place. While clients have received good service overall, this lack of process is inefficient and is becoming a bottleneck as we grow at a faster rate and continue to bring on larger customers.
Your role is to lead a customer success function, with key areas of responsibility as follows:
1. Project management. When the sales team has a fully qualified opportunity, you will be introduced to the customer to create, update and control a project plan. You will be responsible for documenting customer requirements, contacting customers, and creating tickets with internal development teams.
2. Support. Our ticket system is currently answered primarily by developers. In 2021 we will be hiring a dedicated support representative, however we expect you to take ownership of incoming tickets. While you are not expected to answer every ticket, you will be expected to ensure all tickets are answered in an appropriate time.
3. Proactive success. Currently account management is sporadic and reactive, rather than planned and proactive. It’s important that we understand our customers deeply and proactively surface any areas of improvement in the product. We need to move towards regular, scheduled customer meetings and we expect you to take ownership of this.
4. Metrics. Currently we do not track metrics for customer satisfaction (e.g. NPS) or customer support (e.g. ticket response time). We believe that these metrics will become very important and need to be implemented sooner rather than later.
The plan is to hire for more positions throughout next year to share the workload, including a dedicated customer success manager and a dedicated customer support agent.
What attributes are we looking for?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, diligent and prompt responses
- Experience in a client service role with IT/software/technology products
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
- No technical experience required, but any knowledge of web technologies (e.g. HTML) and contact centres is a definite plus
- Many roles focus on either support or success (sales), however we are looking for someone who can solve customer problems while keeping in mind commercial considerations
- Integrity and a bias for doing the right thing for customers
- (Optional) Ability to learn basic HTML so you can make config changes for customers
What’s the company like?
You will be working closely with the sales team (currently 3 people) and the development team (currently 7 people). We’re a close-knit, social team and we operate an idea meritocracy where we try to let the best ideas win. We’re all currently working remotely, but the long term plan is to go back to a flexible schedule where we will all go into the office 1 day a week, with the rest of the time either work from home or in the office, depending on what you’d prefer. We operate flexible working hours, however as you will be client-facing this needs to be reasonable. There’s free staff lunches at the Celtic Manor Resort and heavily discounted access to Celtic Manor golf course. We allocate stock options to all employees, and we tie pay-rises to company revenue milestones.
We expect to spend the first 2 weeks purely on product training.
£25-£30K/year depending on experience
Start date is January
- Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are applying. Please include any work experience you think would be relevant.
- Upon review of your CV, we will ask you to complete a short task over email.
- A Zoom interview with the team outlining the position.