Talkative is a technology company based in Newport, South Wales providing cutting-edge communication technology to a global customer base. We help brands such as Formula 1, Renault and lululemon to connect their websites/apps with their contact centres to drive digital sales and service.
We’ve developed an innovative product. Now we need you to help build our brand and accelerate our digital marketing engine. Our company is backed by leading investors including Sir Terry Matthews.
What will you be doing?
Talkative is looking for a talented graphic & digital designer to join their team and work within a small but growing marketing team. The right candidate will have a minimum of two years of industry specific experience and be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite products such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. There must also be good knowledge of other software such as Adobe XD, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Premiere and Keynote.
The work that we have so far identified includes:
1. Website design. We use a tool called Webflow to create landing pages and blog posts. You can see the current design at https://gettalkative.com. The visuals of this website are key for providing a positive first impression of the brand. We will need you to tweak and enhance the existing design.
2. Product imagery and videos. We currently use a combination of illustrations and screenshots to show our product, however we wish to establish a common brand and leverage it across the business. You will need to design first-class imagery, videos and rich media that show off the design and features to the right audience, in the best possible way.
3. Blog images and graphics. We produce a lot of blog posts as part of our content marketing strategy. Part of the job will entail working with content writers to design visuals for these posts, which include basic images, infographics and rich media.
4. Social media visuals. We promote all of our content on social media. You will need to work tightly within the marketing team to design complementary images and videos for social media campaigns.
5. Videos. As part of our digital marketing, we also have a YouTube channel to accompany our blog posts. We plan to produce more videos, and a designer’s input on the visual aspect of this will be required.
4. Brochures & Slides. The sales team delivers slide decks and presentations to exclusive and prestigious clients and need to deliver the message effectively. Creating on-brand graphics and presentations personalised to our target audience is essential. Flyers, sales literature and product feature packs also need to be created, managed and updated where necessary.
5. General branding. Whilst we have a general logo and colour scheme, we are open to improving these elements of our general branding and would welcome a designer’s input. This would extend to designing branding for communication channels, such as email banners/footers, and banners/profile images for social media pages.
6. Email Marketing - Using software such as Mailchimp, email campaigns will need to be created for the target audience and delivered perfectly every time. Social media campaigns will complement these emails and be delivered according to a content marketing schedule, which you will be expected to help create and manage.
What attributes are we looking for?
- Excellent design skills with experience in Adobe Creative Suite products such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to work collaboratively within a marketing team
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- An interest in web technologies and customer experience is a plus
- Experience working within an in-house marketing team is preferred
- No HTML/CSS knowledge required, but any exposure is a plus
What’s the company like?
While the marketing team is still small, it’s integral to our growth plans. We’re a close-knit, social team and we operate an idea meritocracy where we try to let the best ideas win. We’re all currently working remotely, but the long term plan is to go back to a flexible schedule where we will all go into the office 1 day a week, with the rest of the time either work from home or in the office, depending on what you’d prefer. We operate flexible working hours. We allocate stock options to all employees, and we tie pay-rises to company revenue milestones. The company is located in the Wesley Clover Innovation Centre, NP18 2YB.
£21K/year - Full time
Start date is 1st December (flexible)
- Please email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com or using the form below. You must include any relevant work examples to support your application.
- Upon review of your CV, we may ask you to complete a short task over email.
- A Zoom interview with the team outlining the position.