Role: Product Owner
Talkative provides a real-time customer contact solution for contact centres. Your role is to ensure we are building the best product possible through effective prioritisation of feature requests. You will provide clear product guidance to customers and colleagues on the Talkative product.
1. Defining a per-release (typically bi-weekly) set of fully-specified requirements, a quarterly roadmap, and contributing to the long-term product vision.
2. Ensure 100% of the product has easy-to-read and easy-to-access documentation, and that this information is effectively distributed (with the help of marketing).
- Collation of feature requests from customer feedback, sales, support, marketing, and development teams
- Conduct customer & market research to inform product decisions, extract key requirements and prioritise larger features
- Publishing and maintaining a visible short-term product roadmap
- Detailing specifications of feature requests such that developers can pick up the task to work on
- Answering ad-hoc questions from developers around product specifications
- Attending daily stand ups with developers to ensure work is on schedule etc.
- Responding to queries from each stakeholder around timescales of each feature
- Organising detailed release notes for releases
- Creating documentation for new releases
- Backfill documentation for existing releases
- Ability to organise and synthesise information from multiple sources
- Great communication skills - you will frequently speak with multiple stakeholders
- Empathy - you will be finding the best compromise among multiple competing demands, so you’ll need to be able to empathise with the various stakeholders
- Team player - you’ll be working closely each day with leadership, sales, marketing, customer success, and most of all, development
- Software understanding - we don’t expect you to code, but interest in making great software products is key
- Experience - ideally at least 1 year’s experience in a similar position