Do you want to be a part of an exciting startup? Does working in a highly skilled development team interest you? Are you looking to expand your development skills and make your mark?
Talkative is a fast-growing technology startup based in Newport, South Wales. We’re building a highly configurable, multi-tenant product to help organisations around the world connect their customer-facing websites with contact centres. Our goal is to help companies connect with their customers effectively and create exceptional online customer experiences.
We work with strategic partners such as Mitel and Salesforce and have a number of enterprise reference customers. We’re based next to the Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales and are backed by investors including Sir Terry Matthews.
What will you be doing?
- You will be designing, coding and implementing new product features on our real time web application.
- There’ll be lots of responsibility: customer feature requests, deployments, integrations and bug fixing are key parts of the role.
- You will be building reusable code and libraries for future use, while optimising the code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work will vary between frontend and backend. You will also be writing unit tests and implementing security measures.
Why should you join?
- Technology - You will be working on our new technologies, for example WebSockets, WebRTC and Vue.js.
- Skilled Team - We are picky about who we hire! We only want high performers. You will work alongside a skilled, friendly and tight-knit technical team who can further your own development skills via an interactive work environment.
- Freedom - We offer relative freedom in how you complete tasks, as long as they are completed to requirements. We have no dress code and offer flexible working hours.
- Impact - As a startup, your work will be put into the hands of customers. Your work matters!
- Learning - We expect you to learn on the job and from your own reading. We provide training, but the main learning opportunity will be from hands-on development and solving problems.
- Company Ownership - We offer share options to all employees.
- Culture - The team is all in one open plan office, to ensure open communication and a friendly atmosphere. We run weekly sprints, with regular 1-on-1s. Company direction and progress is clearly communicated to all employees.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for the role, and a desire to work in a startup environment.
- Clear communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Initiative, resourcefulness and common sense.
- Interest in new technology and staying current of development best practices.
What technical skills do you need?
- PHP and related frameworks, ideally Laravel.
- HTML5 & CSS3.
- RESTful HTTP & WebSockets technologies.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Understanding of automated test platforms including unit & system tests.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards.
- Any exposure to WebRTC and SIP would be a distinct advantage, but is not required.
***No Agencies Please***