Here are four reasons to join the development team here at Talkative this summer:
1. You'll work within a close-knit team of highly skilled developers who will help you learn and grow as a developer.
2. You'll learn and work with interesting technology, we use Vue.JS, Serverless, WebRTC, WebSockets and more.
3. We have awesome clients, including Formula 1, Lululemon and Suzuki (and a correspondingly long list of feature requests for you to work on!)
4. While this is just an internship, we've had previous interns go onto become full-time employees. Our aim for the internship is that you'll return for further work.
In short, if you want to improve your development skills as much as possible in an internship, keep reading!
Talkative is a fast-growing technology startup based in Newport, South Wales. We’re building a highly configurable, multi-tenant product to help organisations around the world connect their customer-facing websites with contact centres. Our goal is to help companies connect with their customers effectively and create exceptional online customer experiences.
Talkative has a track record of successfully bringing on students for summer internships: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/software-academy/working-with-industry/case-study-talkative
If you want an internship where you're trusted to work on mission-critical engineering problems, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- You will be designing, coding and implementing new product features on our real time web application.
- There’ll be lots of responsibility: customer feature requests, integrations and bug fixing are key parts of the role.
- You will be building reusable code and libraries for future use, while optimising the code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work will vary between frontend and backend. You will also be writing unit tests and implementing security measures.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for the role, and a desire to work in a startup environment.
- Clear communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Initiative, resourcefulness and common sense.
- Interest in new technology and staying current of development best practices.
What technical skills do you need?
- HTML5 & CSS3.
- RESTful HTTP & WebSockets technologies.
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Understanding of automated test platforms including unit & system tests.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards.
When do I start?
- Internship start and end dates are flexible, typically starting in June and finishing in September.
- We provide you with a work machine.
- The internship pays £19K/year pro rata.
- Please submit your CV and we will contact you for a phone interview.
***No Agencies Please***