Do you enjoy communicating complex ideas clearly and succinctly? Do you want to grow your marketing career in a fast growing technology company?
We're looking for a creative communicator who wants to take on a key role in our growing marketing team.
We provide cutting-edge customer communication software to brands such as Formula 1, Renault and lululemon, helping to drive their customer interactions across digital channels such as video chat, chatbots and social media messaging.
Our product is evolving each day and we have a lot to shout about! Your role will be focusing on communicating the product in its best light, staying on top of product releases and marketing to our existing customers.
You will be the interface between a number of departments, while your role is marketing you’ll need to work closely with colleagues in product development team and sales - this is a collaborative role!
To take ownership over how the product is communicated and portrayed. Specifically, to manage regular (monthly) email campaigns and ensure all marketing documentation is updated when the product has a release (typically weekly). You will also be responsible for quarterly product update webinars, creating demo videos for our YouTube channel, and working on in-product customer communication.
1. Send out monthly product update emails
• Manage and grow email lists for prospects, customers and channel partners.
• Work with our designer to create relevant emails to each of the segments that include relevant product update information.
• Each product update will need a page on the website and potentially imagery/video that can easily be shared over email and social media.
• Work with the marketing team to post the updates across social media and on the website.
• Grow the channel partner email list in collaboration with the sales team.
2. Stay on top of new product releases (weekly)
• Create a checklist to ensure all new product releases are communicated adequately.
• Ensure weekly release notes are published to the website.
• Work with the customer success team to inform customers that specifically asked for the new features.
• Ensure public facing materials are all up to date with product changes, e.g. sales materials, support portal, training materials.
3. Create high quality video content
• Hold quarterly product update webinars.
• Record demonstration videos for YouTube.
4. Grow customer usage
• Work on in-app messages to drive usage and upsell features.
• Work with customer success to identify key product metrics that need improving and work on solutions to improve those metrics.
5. Create and manage ecosystem platforms
• Lead on content for technology partner blogs, e.g. Salesforce’s AppExchange: https://partners.salesforce.com/s/education/appinnovators/AppExchange_Partner_Program#z
• Create co-branded materials to help sell the product through technology partners, including dedicated areas on the Talkative website.
• Support trade shows.
6. Contribute to the blog
• Conduct competitive research and collate the summary in the form of a ‘Talkative versus xyz’ comparison blog on a monthly basis.
• Collaborate with the marketing team on long form whitepapers.
• Provide informal communication to marketing colleagues about what is new and planned with the product and collaborate on wider marketing strategies.
What attributes are we looking for?
- An ability to convey complex concepts clearly and succinctly
- No prior product marketing experience required, graduates are welcome. Experience in a similar product marketing role would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Any experience in creating marketing materials is an advantage
- Enthusiasm for marketing in tech/software and comfort with using software (no specific experience required)
- Any experience with creating video content is an advantage
What’s the company like?
We’re a close-knit, social team and we operate an idea meritocracy where we try to let the best ideas win. We’re all currently working remotely with one day per month in the office. We do have an office available for your use if you’d prefer to work in an office. We operate flexible working hours. There’s discounted access to the Celtic Manor. We allocate stock options to all employees, and we tie pay-rises to company revenue milestones.
We expect to spend the first 2 weeks purely on product training.
- Please email your CV to email@example.com outlining why you are applying. Please include any work experience you think would be relevant.
- Upon review of your CV, we will ask you to complete a short telephone interview.
- A Zoom interview with the team outlining the position.