When it comes to contacting a business, customers want ease, speed, and convenience.
The ability to connect quickly and effortlessly with your customers builds trust in your brand. It lets customers know that you're there for them and value their time.
That's why click to call is an essential feature for any business or contact center.
It's one of the fastest and easiest ways customers can directly contact an organisation, requiring just one click of a button.
And it's not just customers that benefit from this feature - businesses do too. In this article, we'll cover:
- What is click to call?
- The top benefits of click to call
- How to get the most out of click to call
What is click to call?
Click to call is a way of offering real-time communication between a customer and customer advisor through a website.
In literal terms, a customer clicks a button and is connected with a customer service agent.
There are three ways click to call can work:
- Click to request a callback - in this scenario, a customer clicks a ‘request a call’ button and enters their phone number. The request and phone number are sent to the customer support team who will get back to them. This type of web callback can either be made immediately, or businesses can allow customers to select a preferred time.
- VoIP click to call - this version of click to call is known as a web call. Using WebRTC technology, a customer can click a button on a website and be directly connected to a customer advisor using their computer’s inbuilt microphone and speaker. This version is a fully web-based call with no phone involved.
- Click to call on a smartphone - this is when a customer uses a click to call button on their mobile, triggering a normal call from their phone. While this still only requires one action from the customer, it is not a WebRTC based call but a phone based call.
The top 5 benefits of click to call
Click to call is changing the face of customer communication.
Allowing customers to contact you through your website can increase conversions and help you deliver exceptional customer service.
Here are five ways adding click to call to your website will benefit your business.
1. Improve customer segmentation and engagement
It's important to target the right customer at the right time. Anybody can dial a regular telephone number, but click to call allows you to intelligently segment your customers.
For example, with click to call, you can direct calls from certain web pages to a specific department that'll best serve the customer’s needs.
This will allow issues and queries to be solved quicker, resulting in more satisfied customers.
Intelligent engagement rules also let you optimize proactive contact.
Setting up parameters, such as length of time on a website or the items in a basket, can allow you to trigger a click to call pop up.
This will encourage customers to get in touch so you can guide them towards the desired end result.
The more data you have, the more selective you can be. In this way, click to call is the ultimate funnel optimization tool.
2. Gather more customer journey data
Tracking click to call interactions is much easier than tracking phone calls, as you'll know what web page customers have called you from.
Gathering this data can be very powerful for customer journey mapping purposes and empowering your agents.
- Customer journey mapping - knowing where your customers call you from can highlight sticking points on your website. For example, if the data shows a lot of customers click to call on one specific page, it suggests the information on that page is not very clear. With this knowledge, you can optimize the copy, visuals and UX of the page to improve the customer journey.
- Empower your advisors- the more data you gather and provide your customer advisors with, the more effective and productive they can be. With click to call, advisors can see what web page a customer is calling from, which can give them vital context to solve the customer’s problem. This extra information can streamline the interaction, improving efficiency and first contact resolution rates.
3. Increase customer engagement & conversions
Click to call is a very effective tool for getting customers to engage with your brand.
In fact, 88% of customers are more likely to initiate contact if there is a click to call option on a website.
And what does more contact mean? More conversions.
Customers like fast and effective customer service - so a friendly web call that helps solve their problem can often convince an undecided customer to make a purchase.
Case in point, click to call interactions have a conversion rate of between 5% and 25% (depending on the industry), which on average is 4 times higher than pure online conversions.
4. Provide superior service by going beyond voice
A traditional phone call is limited to just a voice interaction.
These extra contact channels can transform your customer journey.
First, customers can contact you through your website through one simple click.
Then, depending on the request and customer’s need, this interaction can be escalated to a different contact channel, again in just one simple click.
This smooth transition enables your business to provide the seamless customer experience consumers crave.
5. Save money and increase return
As well as the increased benefits from a customer standpoint, click to call also has many monetary benefits.
First, web calls are cheaper than phone calls. You don’t need to pay for a traditional phone line or the associated toll charges.
Second, as we've mentioned, click to call is a very effective tool in increasing engagement and conversions.
As a result, it has a very high Return on Investment (ROI). In fact, according to Forrester Research, click to call technology increases ROI by 143% on average.
Finally, click to call makes it easier and cheaper for international customers to contact you. Every customer can contact you through the same button, without the need to pay for international calling charges.
Click to call technology is great way to optimize the customer journey, increase customer conversations, and supercharge conversions.
Plus, it’s easy to implement. Click to call is a simple technology that can be swiftly embedded into your website and integrated with your CRM and existing inbound calling systems.
But if you want to truly get the most out of click to call, you need the right platform to facilitate it. A platform that’s specifically designed to provide superior customer service and personalized experiences.
And that's where Talkative comes in.
Our solution provides a complete suite of engagement channels that'll empower your customer advisors to connect instantly, and effortlessly, with your digital customers.
You'll be able to manage calls, and all other customer interactions, within a single plane of glass.
As a result, you’ll be fully equipped to power better conversations that will engage and convert more customers than ever before.
Want to get started? Book a demo with Talkative and start reaping the rewards of click to call today.